Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zachery
    replied
    The options in the AdminCP effect Reputation power.

Which is the ammount of reputation that you are able to give users when you give it.

You give X reputation points based on your reputation power.

If you have a reputation power of 10, you give 10 points positive points, but if you give negitive reputation, you give 5 negitive reputation points.

Reputation can only be gained by other users giving it to you.

Leave a comment:

• nubian
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery
    These are not reputation pints, rather reputation power.
    now i'm getting really confused.
    i tried reading vbulletins documentation on reputation quite a few times but it's just not enough solid information for me to get a good grasp of it.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    These are not reputation pints, rather reputation power.

Leave a comment:

• nubian
    replied
    the more i read it the more i'm understanding it.

is there a way for reputtion points to decay over time?
    say for instance that a member just stops participating in forum activities.
    like not having a certain about or posts within a months time?

thanks

Leave a comment:

• PDT816
    replied
    I don’t know how to answer in simple terms so I’ll just try to confuse you more.

The amount of reputation points your members exert upon each other is due to the amount of reputation altering points each individual has. Their altering power is set by you by adjusting the parameters in an equation based in the admin panel.

I think it gets confusing because we interchange reputation points with altering power. While some altering power can be derived from a poster’s reputation total, it’s up to you how much if any in the end.

The altering power is a mathematical equation that looks something like this:

A + B + C + D = Total altering power

Whereas:

A = 1 point / set number of days as a member
    B = 1 point / set number of posts
    C = 1 point / set number of reputation points
    D = Number of initial altering points at registration.

You can adjust these in any way you want depending on how busy your forums are and how big of a spread in altering power you want between your most prolific posters and new members.

Leave a comment:

• nubian
    replied
    thanks for your reply.
    bump on the other questions.

Leave a comment:

• PDT816
    replied
    reduce the number days so that your visitors recieve altering points faster.

For example if the default is 1 point for every 150 days, change it to 50 days and they will recieve altering points of 3 during the same time period.

Leave a comment:

• nubian
    started a topic RE: Reputation Questions

RE: Reputation Questions

when a regular member gves a another member a positive reputation how many reputation points does that member recieve? how can i change this number that each member is allowed to give on one click?

what is a eputation-altering power?

under the admincp where it says "For every X number of days, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.", is this 1 as in one point or 1 as in 10 points? how can i change the value of this so instead of 1 point it's 2 or 3, etc etc?

thanks in advance