X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curly27
    replied
    Originally posted by Aerith_Freak
    Well there you go then. Register a new domain name and get it transfered to your host. You'll probably need to contact your host for information on how to transfer it over to your account.

Out of curiosity what domain name did you register?
    I didn't have to register a new domain OR get another host..
    I changed the name of my board in Admin CP...

Leave a comment:

• Aerith_Freak
    replied
    Originally posted by Curly27
    I can also transfer Domain names to my host account..
    Well there you go then. Register a new domain name and get it transfered to your host. You'll probably need to contact your host for information on how to transfer it over to your account.

Out of curiosity what domain name did you register?

Leave a comment:

• Curly27
    replied

I guess I may be entertaining looking this stupid...ho hum
    Last edited by Curly27; Fri 17 Jun '05, 5:05pm.

Leave a comment:

• Curly27
    replied
    Originally posted by southernlady
    Some allow you to have more than one domain on an account. My host allows me 6 domains on my account. Liz
    I probably picked a lousy host the way my luck is running LOL

Leave a comment:

• Curly27
    replied
    I can also transfer Domain names to my host account..

Leave a comment:

• Curly27
    replied
    Lady...with my package I get a Free Domain name

and 200 sub domains..
    Last edited by Curly27; Tue 5 Jul '05, 2:22pm.

Leave a comment:

• southernlady
    replied
    Some allow you to have more than one domain on an account. My host allows me 6 domains on my account. Liz
    Last edited by southernlady; Fri 17 Jun '05, 4:29pm. Reason: CAN'T spell! Need a spell checker (using FF)

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Yes you probably can, but they would need to open a new account for you. I don't think they can change the domain on the existing account. However you can ask them about this.

Leave a comment:

• Curly27
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    Yes. This would require you to register a new domain name and find a host for it, then move the existing forum installation from one site to the other.
    I cannot use the same host?...

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Yes. This would require you to register a new domain name and find a host for it, then move the existing forum installation from one site to the other.

Leave a comment:

• Curly27
    replied
    One last stab in the dark...can I make another Domain name and change the board over to that name?....yes or no?...Please

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Curly27
    replied
    [quote=southernlady]My forum is based on my domain, Curly, it has to be: http://www.mysouthernlady.com/forum/index.php?

Ok lady...well thanks for clarifying that in general terms I appreciate it..

Leave a comment:

• southernlady
    replied
    Curly, what is the domain name you bought?

Mine is www.mysouthernlady.com Now that isn't where my forum is but that IS where my domain is.
    My forum is based on my domain, Curly, it has to be: http://www.mysouthernlady.com/forum/index.php?

I entered my Domain name/web site name...but that is NOT the name I wanted for my message board, I entered it because THAT is the only "current URL" I had before this board was made...

And nobody clarified whether it meant enter Domain name or Board name...
    Your forum name is based ON your domain name just as mine is based on mine. You don't have to use forum but 99.5% (guessing here) of us do. Liz

Leave a comment:

• Curly27
    replied
    I have a question....on the installation sheet I dont want to put the wrong thing...so can someone tell me what this means please?

Location Details
    If this is a new installation, please specify where you would like vBulletin to be installed on your server in the forums URL and directory fields. If this is an upgrade, please specify where your existing vBulletin installation resides.

Your current home page URL:

Should I put in the box..what I want the URL home page for my board to be called?....

OMG THE COMMUNICATION AROUND HERE IS A PROBLEM...I ASKED THE ABOVE QUESTION AS I DIDNT FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS MEANING...WHY COULDNT SOMEONE HAVE SAID...

Your current home page URL: means WHAT DO YOU WANT TO NAME YOUR BOARD...simple???....

I entered my Domain name/web site name...but that is NOT the name I wanted for my message board, I entered it because THAT is the only "current URL" I had before this board was made...

And nobody clarified whether it meant enter Domain name or Board name...
    I better be able to change the name...waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh
    I have stated this in a ticket...SOMEONE HELP!
    Last edited by Curly27; Fri 17 Jun '05, 2:46pm.

Leave a comment:

• Marco van Herwaarden
    replied
    Can we swear on this board?..like I feel like yelling some

profanities at the moment..everyone close your eyes...
    You could always PM me, i will put you on ignore.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X