No announcement yet.

Oh Gawd..WTH!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [quote=southernlady]My forum is based on my domain, Curly, it has to be: http://www.mysouthernlady.com/forum/index.php?

Ok lady...well thanks for clarifying that in general terms I appreciate it..
    Last edited by Curly27; Tue 5 Jul '05, 2:22pm.

Comment

• One last stab in the dark...can I make another Domain name and change the board over to that name?....yes or no?...Please

Thanks

Comment

• Yes. This would require you to register a new domain name and find a host for it, then move the existing forum installation from one site to the other.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Yes. This would require you to register a new domain name and find a host for it, then move the existing forum installation from one site to the other.
          I cannot use the same host?...

Comment

• Yes you probably can, but they would need to open a new account for you. I don't think they can change the domain on the existing account. However you can ask them about this.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Some allow you to have more than one domain on an account. My host allows me 6 domains on my account. Liz
              Last edited by southernlady; Fri 17 Jun '05, 4:29pm. Reason: CAN'T spell! Need a spell checker (using FF)
              Secret City Designs

Comment

• Lady...with my package I get a Free Domain name

and 200 sub domains..

Comment

• I can also transfer Domain names to my host account..

Comment

• Originally posted by southernlady
                    Some allow you to have more than one domain on an account. My host allows me 6 domains on my account. Liz
                    I probably picked a lousy host the way my luck is running LOL

Comment

• I guess I may be entertaining looking this stupid...ho hum
                      Last edited by Curly27; Fri 17 Jun '05, 5:05pm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Curly27
                        I can also transfer Domain names to my host account..
                        Well there you go then. Register a new domain name and get it transfered to your host. You'll probably need to contact your host for information on how to transfer it over to your account.

Out of curiosity what domain name did you register?
                        A E R I T H
                        vBulletin 2 freak! xD

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerith_Freak
                          Well there you go then. Register a new domain name and get it transfered to your host. You'll probably need to contact your host for information on how to transfer it over to your account.

Out of curiosity what domain name did you register?
                          I didn't have to register a new domain OR get another host..
                          I changed the name of my board in Admin CP...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X