• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlueFlame
    I had banned myself, but that was for testing perpouses lol
    Slip into the Vortex did ya?... hehehehe

Comment

Have a good one...BBL
      Last edited by Curly27; Tue 5 Jul '05, 2:21pm.

Comment

Curly, it's a GOOD thing you picked vBulletin and NOT phpbb...At least over here you DO get installation help. There, you are almost completely on your own except for people telling you to RTFM! Liz
        Secret City Designs

Comment

Have some nice dreams about banning your first member Curly.

(PS I still see it as a failure from our side that you had to order install help )
          Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
          Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Comment

Well, once you are up and runing Vbulletin community will always be here to help
              @[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoH64

(PS I still see it as a failure from our side that you had to order install help )
                I....

Comment

Well, once you are up and runing Vbulletin community will always be here to help
                  Yeah, even though all the threads are alien to me..eventually
                  I will get the hang of it and start talking Computer Geek too..

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoH64

I umm have been banned from a couple myself..and it pisses ya off..
                    hey one of them I was IP banned..some nice dude gave me the
                    instructions to change my IP number..hehehehe...easy peasy

Comment

I hope it is done by the weekend...so lookin forward to it

Comment

Well Well, there are other methods Like "Miserable Users" modification comes pretty handy from vbulletin.org (Sister Site)
                        @[email protected]

Comment

I didn't think installing a message board would be so involved and technical...I have the smarts to learn the running of one..and I love
                          computers and working out how things operate etc..I have taught
                          myself a lot in the last few years I've had one...but the indepth tech
                          side ya need some training I now see...heya thanks for your kind
                          words earlier I was ready just to pack it all in..
                          You think THIS is involved and technical???? This doesn't even scratch the surface. And I can't read the blasted manual either, it may as well be written in GREEK...at least the php code, mysql, and phpmyadmin.

Now hand me html and I'm on more familiar ground. But then I had an 8 year head start on it. And I BUILD computers and do spyware removal for a living when I'm not a stay at home mom. I can read code but it's the code from your computer. Which would probably confuse some of these guys.

I guess it's because I DO spyware removal and have been in your shoes RECENTLY fighting a file trying to add something to MY vBulletin that I knew exactly how you felt. And Zachary was kind enough to do a show and tell for me. But I'm a live beta site and the file is temporarily obsolete. Liz
                          Secret City Designs

Comment

Originally posted by southernlady
                            You think THIS is involved and technical???? This doesn't even scratch the surface. And I can't read the blasted manual either, it may as well be written in GREEK...at least the php code, mysql, and phpmyadmin.

Now hand me html and I'm on more familiar ground. But then I had an 8 year head start on it. And I BUILD computers and do spyware removal for a living when I'm not a stay at home mom. I can read code but it's the code from your computer. Which would probably confuse some of these guys.

I guess it's because I DO spyware removal and have been in your shoes RECENTLY fighting a file trying to add something to MY vBulletin that I knew exactly how you felt. And Zachary was kind enough to do a show and tell for me. But I'm a live beta site and the file is temporarily obsolete. Liz
                            WOW, clever woman, COOL...computers really interest me..and to be able to write script and code would be awesome and I do get the concept..
                            before yesterday I had no idea what a PHP FTP OR mySQL is, alright
                            I kinda get the first 2 but mySQL I'd have to really read up on it and
                            mabe still couldn't get it....

I also never slept ALL night last night as I was determined on getting the board up, so towards the morning my emotions were running amok..and I kinda cringe at my posts then ...then again on the other hand I thought I had a valid point, but that is history, hey wait until I'm trying to work out the admin area and see all the dumb threads I make then hehehehehehe..

Really nice some of you can see my point of view and are nice about it..
                            poor Zach he got stuck with me..LOL...btw I got my $60 refund very quickly so happy about that too...

Comment

Well Well, there are other methods Like "Miserable Users" modification comes pretty handy from vbulletin.org (Sister Site)
                              LOL hey sounds interesting...wth is Miserable Users?, or are ya pulling
                              my leg?

Comment

BTW I was sleeping this afternoon and here in Cali we had
                                another tremor...it woke me up and I lay there while it lasted..
                                was not strong but strong enough....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X