Oh Gawd..WTH!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dennis Olson
    - Each of those subdirectories represents a directory on your server. You need to create the directories on the server, then upload the contents of each folder on your PC to its equivalent folder on the server.
    One step too many. Just drag-and-drop all the directories that came out of the ZIP file and all the files will be uploaded too.

Originally posted by MarcoH64
    ftp://www.yourdomain.com or ftp://yourservername
    Originally posted by Curly27
    Clicking on those links I receive an error saying Windows cannot access this folder.Make sure you type the file name correctly or have permission to access this folder. DETAILS a connection to the server could not be established.
    Your website is not yourdomain.com. Your website is whatever you created. If your website is www.curly27.com, then that's what you should connect to.

I just made another FTP account and it was successful but does not show who is supplying it...btw I can make up to 100 ftp accounts
    Creating FTP accounts usually creates OTHER areas of your site that OTHER people can drop files in. This is not what you want.

To change what appears on your www.curly27.com site, you will want to connect to curly27.com and login using the username and password they gave you.

If my domain name were www.weslayanbicycles.com, I would FTP to weslayanbicycles.com and use the login and password that I use to get into the Control Panel.

I must ask them how much space each one can store
    Those FTP accounts share from the same space. If have a 250MB website, those FTP accounts can contain a TOTAL of 250MB.
    Last edited by feldon23; Thu 16 Jun '05, 9:23am.

Comment

Okey Dokey....
      Last edited by Curly27; Tue 5 Jul '05, 2:19pm.

Comment

FELDON...I am conceding I cannot do this mate...but thank you for

putting up with me...I honestly appreciate it everyone...*GIGANTIC HUGS*

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Olson
          Curly, calm down man. This is minor stuff. Really. First, obtain a copy of WinSCP. (When you install it, choose the "dual window" method.) You'll be glad you did! Now here's what you do (after you've cleaned up the mess on your server):

- Tak a nice fresh copy of the vB ZIP file. Place it in its own folder on your PC (nothing else in the folder)

- Extact the contents to that folder. A series of subdirectories will be created.

- Each of those subdirectories represents a directory on your server. You need to create the directories on the server, then upload the contents of each folder on your PC to its equivalent folder on the server.

If you did it right, you'll be up and running.

NOTE: Use ASCII transfer method for the PHP files.
          Holy Guacamoly what did ya just say??? LOL

I just purchased the install...I am going to sit back and let vbulletin do it for me...this stuff is way over my head....

Comment

Now tell me I can sit back and relax and you guys are going to take over my computer...right?

Comment

Fixing your computer? That's $60/hour. If it's a Compaq, I charge $120/hr.

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23
                Fixing your computer? That's $60/hour. If it's a Compaq, I charge $120/hr.
                I knew I was in the wrong business...

Comment

I knew I was in the wrong business...
                  I used to do that for a few laywers in downtown cleveland, It was 75 dollars to walk in the door

Comment

Well I like outmeal cookies ....Depends on the length of the problem it can take the whole box lol
                    @[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                      I used to do that for a few laywers in downtown cleveland, It was 75 dollars to walk in the door
                      OMG!!! LOL...my dream of being a comp tech is over...guess I will have to be satisfied with the "lady of leasure" title...

Comment

Originally posted by BlueFlame
                        Well I like outmeal cookies ....Depends on the length of the problem it can take the whole box lol
                        LMAO!!!...are you two hinting?..I can send ya some nice Aussie chocolate bisciuts (cookies) that would melt in your mouth...trouble is I would eat them all on the flight...

Comment

LOL, they dont allow food at customs....Just apples but you can email us some lol

BTW, you havent told us whats your community about
                          Last edited by BlueFlame; Thu 16 Jun '05, 10:06am.
                          @[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by BlueFlame
                            LOL, they dont allow food at customs....Just apples but you can email us some lol
                            I'm living in Cali right now..I was going to hop on a 14 1/2 hour flight to go get ya's some... email will do..hehehehe

Comment

So tell me they are going to email all call me soon?...
                              Last edited by Curly27; Tue 5 Jul '05, 2:20pm.

Comment

So tell me they are going to email all call me soon?...
                                I am sure as soon as they are done, they will update the Ticket status
                                @[email protected]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X