No announcement yet.

Oh Gawd..WTH!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Weed, I wish I had some right now...lol...
    Last edited by Curly27; Tue 5 Jul '05, 2:18pm.

Comment

The same way you uploaded them, is the same way you can delete them.

Remember the selection box I told you to do with the files on your computer? It should work the same way with the files on the FTP.

just drag a selection box around the files in the forums folder, and tap the "delete" key on your keybaord. It should ask you if your want to delete them all, just say yes.

However, MAKE SURE you do this ONLY in your forums folder so you don't delete anything else.

~Weed

Comment

With your FTP program open you can just delete them, or if you want update your ticket with a request for me to delete them and i will.

Comment

Hey thanks guys, I found where to delete them from the ftp and am doing so right now.. I have to delete them one at a time so it's taking a while

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
            With your FTP program open you can just delete them, or if you want update your ticket with a request for me to delete them and i will.
            Oh thanks Zach,

Comment

Zach I just sent a ticket...the folders have to be opened to delete the contents and I have struck some that I cannot open ...

Comment

May i ask wich FTP-Client you are using?
                Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoH64
                  May i ask wich FTP-Client you are using?
                  I'm sorry I have no clue, it's on the web hosts site

Comment

Ok, so you are using a webpage provided by your host to upload and maintain files. I start to understand why you have so many problems. Those webbased filemanagers are most of the times not the most userfriendly ways of managing files. They are fine to upload a single file, but not the prefered way to manage a lot of files (unless your host don't support any other ways).

When you signed up with your host, did you also with the mail with your login details receive a FTP url, username and password? If yes, i suggest you try using a FTP client (you can download a trial version of something like CuteFTP for example) and try using that. Since this is a windows based client program, you will find the userinterface much more familiar to other software you are probably used to.
                    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Marcho, no I did not receive any FTP URL in any of the emails they sent me..thanks for the advice

Comment

I just made another FTP account and it was successful

Comment

If you where able to create a ftp account, then you might want to try connecting to ftp://www.yourdomain.com or ftp://yourservername with the created FTP username and password, using a FTP client. It would really make your life a lot easier if you can manage that. I am suggesting this not knowing if this is already discussed in a Support Ticket ofcourse.

Unfortunately i will be ofline for the next few hours, but there will be probably official Support from Jelsoft Staff, or other members trying to help you in that time. I am in no doubt that next time when i login, i will find that all your problems have been solved and that you are the proud owner of a new up & running vBulletin board.

Just one advice, even when the replies of some of the members might seem too technical and overwhelming to you, i can asure you that most are trying to help you and if you just explain that some advice is too technical for you, i am sure most would try to rephrase their advice and won't stop until your problems are solved.

PS Sometimes it is good to also have a smile over a problem that seems unsolvable, you might suddenly see some light where all seemed dark.

Comment

I just downloaded a free 30 day trial of cuteftp

Comment

[quote=MarcoH64]If
                              Last edited by Curly27; Tue 5 Jul '05, 2:19pm.

Comment

Curly, calm down man. This is minor stuff. Really. First, obtain a copy of WinSCP. (When you install it, choose the "dual window" method.) You'll be glad you did! Now here's what you do (after you've cleaned up the mess on your server):

- Tak a nice fresh copy of the vB ZIP file. Place it in its own folder on your PC (nothing else in the folder)

- Extact the contents to that folder. A series of subdirectories will be created.

- Each of those subdirectories represents a directory on your server. You need to create the directories on the server, then upload the contents of each folder on your PC to its equivalent folder on the server.

If you did it right, you'll be up and running.

NOTE: Use ASCII transfer method for the PHP files.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X