No announcement yet.

Oh Gawd..WTH!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=Aerith_Freak]Ummm, MrNase isn't part of the customer service team of vB.com he's a vB user.

Last edited by Curly27; Tue 5 Jul '05, 3:16pm.

Comment

Guess may as well go to bed...
      Last edited by Curly27; Tue 5 Jul '05, 3:17pm.

Comment

What browser are you using as the link works fine for me?

Comment

Works fine for me too.
          A E R I T H
          vBulletin 2 freak! xD

Comment

Curly27, I'm about as GREEN as it gets when it comes to this (ask anyone here) and I still managed to muddle my way thru...

I'll be glad to help a newbie walk thru it in plain ENGLISH cause I KNOW how it feels...

If you want to use an IM service to do this, just click on my profile. I'll be glad to help but I won't step on anyone's toes to do it such as Zachery's. He's helped me! Liz
            Secret City Designs

Comment

Originally posted by Curly27
              As a side note better customer service should be applied for ppl who are new at this stuff rather than smart alec replies about my thread title..
              "Oh Gawd...WTH!" is a confusing title. It doesn't tell us what the topic is going to contain. I imagine a lot of people are going to open it wondering what it is all about.
              Last edited by feldon23; Thu 16 Jun '05, 6:43am.

Comment

I've made about 3 threads asking questions
                For best results, ask all questions about 1 problem (getting set up) in 1 thread. Otherwise people have to jump back-and-forth between your threads to understand the whole problem.

too full of themselves with their smart alec remarks,
                If you don't want help from the members of this forum, I would communicate only with Jelsoft/vBulletin Staff directly. By posting your question out here in public, you are inviting members of this forum to give their opinions. We're volunteers. We're not paid to provide you with that 100% customer service-with-a-smile you are harkening for.

And I stick to my guns when I say...looking around...I don't see much of anything relating to newbies setting up message boards
                To set up a forum, you need to upload the files using FTP. This is a basic web design step which has nothing to do with the forum software. Then you need to create a MySQL database. Different hosts allow you to do this in different ways. It would require a whole separate topic just to show all the popular ways of setting up a MySQL database, so that's why we say "contact your webhost" or check if your webhost has a Help section of their own.
                Last edited by feldon23; Thu 16 Jun '05, 6:44am.

Comment

[quote=feldon23]For best results, ask all questions about 1 problem (getting set up) in 1 thread. Otherwise people have to jump back-and-forth between your threads to understand the whole problem.

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23
                    "Oh Gawd...WTH!" is a confusing title. It doesn't tell us what the topic is going to contain. I imagine a lot of people are going to open it wondering what it is all about.
                    Geez, you like repeating yourself..ok I get your point

Comment

Yes this link does work for me now

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/preparefiles

I don't see the point?..I have already gone through all that and extracted
                      the files, they are on my comp all muddled as you said, how can that help me now?

I will ask the web host how to delete them off the ftp, thanks anyway

Comment

Originally posted by southernlady
                        Curly27, I'm about as GREEN as it gets when it comes to this (ask anyone here) and I still managed to muddle my way thru...

I'll be glad to help a newbie walk thru it in plain ENGLISH cause I KNOW how it feels...

If you want to use an IM service to do this, just click on my profile. I'll be glad to help but I won't step on anyone's toes to do it such as Zachery's. He's helped me! Liz
                        Thank you for the offer

Comment

Just my two cents, but if you knew you were this 'green' about these things, why didn't you opt for the professional installation rather than phone support?

Also, why is this post in the 3.5 forums? You shouldn't be using a beta product unless you *really* know what's going on..

Comment

Originally posted by sHORTYWZ
                            Just my two cents, but if you knew you were this 'green' about these things, why didn't you opt for the professional installation rather than phone support?

Also, why is this post in the 3.5 forums? You shouldn't be using a beta product unless you *really* know what's going on..
                            OMG

Comment

any chance on that?
                              Last edited by Curly27; Tue 5 Jul '05, 3:18pm.

Comment

It's not really vBulletin's fault. If 300,000 people (I don't know how many people actually bought it, but I'd say a lot.. let's just use my random number ) bought it and successfully installed it, why can't you? Because you've made a mistake somewhere. Trust me, it's easy to make mistakes with it. I had a hard time moving my forums to another location because of the way vB's mysql tables are handled, but it was my fault for not knowing. "Seems like you've goten some of the files uploaded wrongly. there are folders and files missing and files and folders in the wrong place. I suggest that you delete everything inside of the forums folder and reupload the files." If Zach said that, and it was true, then that is obviously your problem. When you upload the files to your FTP, just highlight every file and folder in the upload folder (Drag a selection box around them all), then click and hold on one of the files (do not double-click) After that, drag the files down to your taskbar, to your FTP program, then when your FTP program comes into view, release the mouse button on top of your "forums" folder. Make sure you are connected to the FTP as well. Once they are all uploaded, you can access the install script by going to http://www.yourdomain.com/forums/install/install.php If you still cannot access it, try double clicking on the forums folder in the FTP program, then double click on the "install" folder and see if "install.php" is listed as a file in that folder. If you cannot find install.php, or you cannot find the install folder, the FTP may not have uploaded every file (sometimes it cuts off), or something wasn't done right. ~Weed (the enter key on my keyboard works... but vB's editor doesn't translate for some reason :P

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X