Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about upgrading and license issues

Hi,

I'm planning to do a "clean" upgrade for my 525k+ posts forum from 3.07 to 3.5 final when it's released. I'll do that by creating a new 3.5 forum from scratch and then importing things via Impex from the old one, so I don't have to go through editing and reverting templates headache and I'll have a clean database since most hacks wont work.

So to do that, I should have two boards on one domain (one live, and the old one hidden from public), I'll be the only one who access the old board to get the few templates changes I made. Then I'll remove it as soon as I get the new board running well.

Is it all Okay? or do you recommend something? Please advice.

The Impex system does not work with 3.5.0 yet. You will need to wait until the final release to do this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      The Impex system does not work with 3.5.0 yet. You will need to wait until the final release to do this.
      Originally posted by Tantawi
      I'm planning to do a "clean" upgrade for my 525k+ posts forum from 3.07 to 3.5 final when it's released.
      Thanks Steve, I already know that and wont upgrade or use Impex until the final version comes out of both. So what about the license issue's part of having two forums and one license? (one is live, and one is hidden as reference until the upgrade is complete)?

Comment

Yes you are allowed to have a test forum as long as it's not publicly accessible.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
        X