Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

moving from 'testvb' to full license...best way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving from 'testvb' to full license...best way?

i have been getting a test version of my site ready and now i am ready to buy a license and get the site up and running. whats the best way to save all the templates and forum structuring i have done.

would it be best to 'upgrade' from the old test (3.0.7)license to the new (3.0.7) license?

thanks
    eric
    Last edited by Oreamnos; Mon 13th Jun '05, 4:39pm.
    Websites For Sale | Adsense Ready Blogs For Sale

What is your url?

Comment

maybe i wasnt clear. i have been testing on a license that I already use for another site. Now i am ready to buy the license for the site I have been testing on.

on my test forum i have set up the forums, structured everything and added some new templates. I want to make sure i dont lose anything when i change from 1 license to another.

whats the best way?

Comment

ok, i have my new license. is there a place that i can just change my customer number and password so I dont have to upload/upgrade to the same version i currently have installed?

eagerly awaiting help so i can get my set set up

eric

Comment

I'm afraid you'd have to edit almost every file to do this.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

so whats the best way to save the forum structure and templates i made when moving from my test version to my new license?

thanks

Comment

The forum structure and templates - in fact all of the data - is in the database, not the vB file.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
              X