Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post's not beeing marked correctly as already read?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post's not beeing marked correctly as already read?

Hey guys. Couldn't found anything like this on this forums, so if it was already posted, my apologies (english is not my primary language as you can see for my typing )

This is the issue: I've noticed that, for example, when I click in "new posts" at my forum, let's say it shows, correctly, 3 threads (in bold letters). If I read them and again click in "new posts", the threads are shown again like having new posts but this time not in bold letters. Infact, If I close the board and log again, the posts are still marked as with new posts even If I already read them.

Actually I thought this was normal, but when I recently tried this in THIS forum (vb official forum) I can see that here it works different.

It's maybe some cookie problem? Is there any patch to solve this?

My board version is 3.0.7

Thanks in advance!
    Topper
    Last edited by Topper; Wed 15th Jun '05, 10:16am.

This is the way vB 3.0.x works. vB 3.5.0 (which we are running here) has a completely new read system. You can read about this in the Announcement:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142024
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      This is the way vB 3.0.x works. vB 3.5.0 (which we are running here) has a completely new read system. You can read about this in the Announcement:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142024
      Thanks for letting me know and for the really quick answer
      I'll just wait for the 3.5.0 final release then

Topper

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X