Hidden forums...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden forums...

OK I have fooled around long enough trying to figure this out.

I want to create a forum that is hidden and only available to certain users. I know I have to created a new usergroup but can't seem to figure out how to make it hidden and how to allow certain users to be added to this user group.

Thanks for the help as always.

Create your new usergroup, set its permissions accordingly, if its just for special access, I suggest cloneing your default usergroup (eg: registered)

You then create the new forum, and edit its forum permissions by usergroup, quick way would be to deny all, and then set the groups you do want to have access to use standard permissions.

Now the users you want to be able to see the forum, get the newly created usergroup added to their secondary usergroups.

There are several ways to automate the process if you have specific critera for them being able to see this forum specificly based on time registered, posts, or reputation, or some combination of the three.

Comment

Thanks Zachery...I'll try it a little later!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X