Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chmod question

Hello

whats the permission i should set for the vb and its files ,,, someone has chmoded my files /www/vb/* to 777 is that safe ?

and what should it be ?

No specific chmod is required, but the safest thing to change them to would be 644; also 755 wouldn't be bad either.
    Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

Hello Daemon
      Thanks for answer my question
      i do chmod 644 then i got Forbidden page
      and chmod 755 download box show up asking me if i want to download index.php !

Comment

That's very odd; I have all my files chmod'd at 644 and I run without problems. When you chmod'd vB, did you do it to everything (including directories) or just the files?

Comment

i chmoded directories to 755 and *.php files to 644 but the download box still showing
          maybe i should re-uploading my vb again to server ?
          and what should to be ASCII or Binary ?
          Regards

Comment

I don't think that the files are the problem, I'm guessing that it's a server configuration issue of some kind. But all the file except images (.gif, .jpg, .ico, .png) should be uploaded in ASCII mode and the rest in binary mode.

Comment

yep there is something wrong on the server config because i try to upload test.php and i got same problem :<
              Thank you daemon
              i,ll try to fix this problem now

Best Regards

Comment

You need to make sure that the Webserver user has permission to view and execute files in that folder automatically. Usually this means adding it and the directory owner to a specific group. Then you can tighten up the restrictions to something like 644.

Settings of 644 would prevent something like a worm from taking over the webserver user and deleting all your files or changing them.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

i found my www/ folder chmoded to 755 ! and public_html/ chmoded to 750
                  any comment ?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X