Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to migrate certain posts from one vB license to another?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to migrate certain posts from one vB license to another?

I have two domains running their own license of vB (idevgames.com/forum & idevapps.com/forum). There are certain posts which I wish to move to idevapps from idevagames, however, I'm not sure the best approach.

I suppose I could use phpmyadmin to export/import, but I need to know all the tables I need to handle. Doing it by hand of course would consume too much time.

Another issue is that members who created/replied to the posts I want to move from idevgames, are not members of idevapps (some are but their IDs are different.) So, would moving posts screw up idevapps DB?

Anyhow, I think I explained what I want to do. I've tried the search here but didn't find anything helpful.

Please note that mt question DOES NOT infringe on the vB license. I HAVE TWO licenses, the question is merely how best to move certain posts from one license to another.

Thanks!
    ---
    Carlos Camacho
    Editor-in-Chief
    iDevGames.com & iDevApps.com

There are many considerations. ImpEx (available in the member's area) can import between two vBulletin forums, but it will import everything.

I would create a copy of the source forum, prune everything (threads, forums, members) that I didn't want to copy over, and then run the import on that "pruned database". ImpEx will import everything, but everything is now just the things you want.

Comment

One question though, If I use this utility....

The forum I want to import into has threadid going up to about 184. (184 threads) If I import from the old DB, it also contains thread with the same threadid, won't that be an issue? Or does it automatically assign new threadid, and postid to what you import?

Thanks,
      ---
      Carlos Camacho
      Editor-in-Chief
      iDevGames.com & iDevApps.com

Comment

The system will automatically re-assign new thread, post, and (probably) user ID's to your board, and therefore this will not be a problem.
        Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

Working...
        X