How Can this be done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Can this be done?

Alright say for my clan can only access 2 forums called intel, and operations and guest can see the forum on the main index but when the click it instead of it saying vbulletin message login and stuff how can I make it say "Security Clearance: Denied" and they would have a button that says back or they have to login. How can this be done? Also how can I make it so guest can see the forums on the main forum index but when they click to enter the catagory it forces a login only on certain topics? Can this be done? And registured users see the same message but my usergroup called "Team" can only enter it.

Better Version:
    Alright I have to forums called Intel and Operations on my forum index. And I want every can see the 2 forums on the main index even the guest. But when people who are not in the usergroup called team tries to access the 2 forums it will forum a login to the forums and at the top under the vbulletin message I want it to say in read "Security Clearance: Denied" and below that it asking for login information. But people in my usergroup called team can click on it and it will load all of the topics within those 2 forums. But when guest and people who are not in the team usergroup try to access it, it will come up with a forced login. But they can still see the catagory and the newest topic on the main forum index but when they try to access it. It gives them the message. You know what I mean can this be done?
    Last edited by Weapon-x; Thu 9 Jun '05, 9:37pm.

Any Idea anyone?

Comment

Please wait 24 hours before bumping your posts. You might also want to try explaining what you want again.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Alright I know this can be done in phpbb but can it be done in vbulletin if you need any picture I can show you some from phpbb. Oh yeah a reworded it up their.

Comment

Any Idea's? Vbulletin Team?

Comment

I'm sorry I tried to read that but it's still confusing to me. Maybe someone else will know what you're asking.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You need to edit forum permissions and phrase nopermission_loggedin

Comment

Azone what do I set everything to and what do I do with the phrase?

Comment

OK.
                  As you said you have special usergroup - your clan members. This group should have access to Intel and Operations forums. At the same time guests and registered users should not be able to read threads in these forums, but can see these forums.
                  Here is an example for Intel forum and guests.
                  Go to AdminCP > Forums & Moderators > Forum Permissions
                  You'll see a list of all forums you have. Find Intel and click Edit for Unregistered/Not Logged In. Set everything to No except first one (Can view forum - Yes).
                  Then go to Languages & Phrases > Search in Phrases. Type in search box you do not have permission. In a list of found phrases choose to edit not_logged_no_permission. Remove all code and paste this one:
                  Security Clearance: Denied
                  You can change this to whatever is pleasing to you. For registered users you'll have to edit phrase nopermission_loggedin.

Now you can log out, try to access Intel forum as a guest and see if it works as you want it to work. You can research other options and get it work in a way you need.
                  Last edited by AZone; Tue 14 Jun '05, 9:52am.

Comment

Hey it did not work. Also I want it to show thread count and post count.

Comment

I am sorry, but I did everything I could.
                      Continue to "play" with permission settings and you'll get what you want.

Comment

Working...
                      X