About Phrases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Phrases

Does the category make any difference when you create new phrases, or can you theoretically create all new phrases as 'Global'? If I create a new phrase in the Postbit category is it only available to postbit templates?

Global phrases are global to all templates and pages. Phrases in specific categories are only available to those specific templates and pages.

Comment

Thanks, Jake. So is there any reason not to create all new phrases as global?

Comment

Originally posted by tmhall
        Thanks, Jake. So is there any reason not to create all new phrases as global?
        Yes... if you don't need them to be global to all templates. That will reduce the load time required for pages that don't need to use those phrases.

Comment

Okay, thanks.

Comment

Then there must be some flaw: when I use global phrases, they cannot be used in error and redirect messages... Also - how do I know which page uses which groups?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Visor
              Then there must be some flaw: when I use global phrases, they cannot be used in error and redirect messages.
              It works fine for me in those templates. What is the template code you are using?

Originally posted by Dark Visor
              Also - how do I know which page uses which groups?
              For example, near the top of the showthread.php file:

Code:
              // get special phrase groups
              $phrasegroups = array('posting', 'postbit', 'showthread');

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X