template.php problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• template.php problem

Starting yesterday, when I try to save changes to certain templates through the style manager, I get a page error that says 'the URL admincp/template.php does not exist'. It only does this on some templates and not others. The file template.php is there...I can even access it directly...and like I said, I can save changes to some templates just fine.

I tried to figure out if the ones I can't save have something in common, but there doesn't seem to be. I've also tried uploading a fresh template.php, but that didn't work either.

What really baffles me, is that my test boards are doing the same thing and they're on a different subdomain. I've been working on a style for the past several days on both boards....could something in one of the templates cause this error? But that doesn't really make sense either, because it's doing it in my other styles as well - which have always worked fine up to this point.

I've already checked with my host to see if they've done any changes on the server that might cause this problem, and he tells me no (and he's usually very helpful, so I know he's not just blowing me off). So I thought I'd ask here next.

Thanks,

Rachael
    Rachael

Expressive Parents.com

I suspect this is a PHP timeout or memory limit. To overcome this limit, add this line to your config.php file right under <?php

ini_set("max_execution_time", "120");
    ini_set("memory_limit", "16M");

See if it works then. When you are done, immediately remove those lines. Your host may not take kindly to you bypassing their limitations.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion... I tried it, but it did the same thing. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Rachael
      Rachael

Expressive Parents.com

Comment

Nope. Which templates are causing this problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

After going through almost all of them one-by-one, I have noticed a commonality. The templates I can't save are the ones with javascript in them. All the other templates, I can save just fine.

I've tested it on both Firefox and IE, so I know it's not some weird browser issue.

Does this spark any thoughts? Like I said before, this just started yesterday...I've been using vbulletin for over 6 months with no trouble at all. So I'm baffled.

Thanks,

Rachael
          Rachael

Expressive Parents.com

Comment

This goes back to my original theory that this was related to PHP timing out or memory issues. You could try increasing the values in post #2 again.

How extensive are the changes you are trying to make?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

When I first noticed the problem, all I was trying to do was add in a google ad...which I've already done with no problems in a different style...that was in the footer template and the FORUMHOME template.

I just upped the memory limit to 64M with no luck...I had already tried 32 earlier. Should I try higher? I haven't messed with the timeout number...as that doesn't seem to be the problem. It gives me the page not found error instantly.

Thanks,

Rachael
              Rachael

Expressive Parents.com

Comment

It works in one style, but not the other? I'm really at a loss of what to recommend. Maybe someone who has installed Google Ads can recommend something.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

No, no, no...sorry. What I meant was that I've always been able to add them in the past with no problems. The trouble I'm having now is consistent with the same templates across all my styles.
                  Rachael

Expressive Parents.com

Comment

Sorry, if it's not the PHP timeout or memory, I really don't know what else would cause this. Do you have anny hacks installed?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Yes, admitedly I do. Just the ushop. But that's been installed for a long time now. So I really don't think it has anything to do with it.

I think I'll send my host the link to this thread and see if he can think of anything else.

Thanks,

Rachael

**Update**

This is, in fact, a server issue. After checking into it more deeply, my host discovered that a new security measure was interfering with my ability to save these templates. The only solution at this point is to move my account to a different server.

Thanks for your time!

Rachael
                      Last edited by my3shadows; Fri 10th Jun '05, 9:33am.
                      Rachael

Expressive Parents.com

Comment

Working...
                      X