Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

using .gifs as backgrounds for the forum table?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using .gifs as backgrounds for the forum table?

I'd like to know if - instead of using color numbers for the first and second colors for the forum tables - if we could use .gifs?

The flat colors just aren't doing it for me - if anyone could explain if/how this could be done - I would appretiate it... i it as simple as replacing the color number in the CSS style with a link to an image?

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> Main CSS (in the menu) -> First Alternating Color -> Background

Use this code. Change the red code appropriately:

Code:
    #123456 url(path/to/firstalt.gif) repeat
    Make a similar change to the Second Alternating Color class.

Comment

Thanks Jake that worked perfectly - now - a follow-up...

Let's say that I want a different image in the bottom row of the forum table - so it interacts with the footer - is that possible? or does every row have to apply the same image?

Comment

Every forumbit uses the same template and classes. Changing the class reference for one forum would require custom code. It could be done with a template conditional like this:

Code:
        <td class="<if condition="$forum[forumid] == X">alt2<else />alt1</if>">

</td>
        Where X is the forumid of the forum for which you want to make an exception.

This is just an example. This conditional code should work in the various forumhome_forumbit_* templates.

Comment

Thanks but I can't seem to find which template to put that in...?

I've looked at the FORUMDISPLAY and FORUMHOME and forumhome_forumbit_levelx_xxx and it doesn't seem to be any of those. I see you say the forumhome_forumbit_levelx_xxx - but could you help me out with where?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT, also - can I have the exception be on more than one forum ID? and if so do I seperate the forum ID numbers by a space or a comma?
          Last edited by Alan Lastufka; Wed 8th Jun '05, 5:26pm.

Comment

Nevermind - I got it all now - thanks for your help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X