Custom Profile Field questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Profile Field questions

Just to confirm, when you create a custom profile field the "Set Default" option means only that new registrations will have that default set, not existing users, right?

Also, the "Field Required" option means only that the field appears during registration, it doesn't have anything to do with whether it's set by default?

So if I create a new profile field and want the default setting for all users to be something other than NULL, I have to run a query to change the new field for existing users?

Yes, yes, and yes

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask

Comment

Excellent. Thanks, Zachery.

Comment

Actually a minor point of clarification: It seems that when you create a custom profile field the default value is actually an empty string, not NULL. Is that always the case, or is that determined by one of the settings when you add the field?

Comment

Then is it not possible to do something so that all users have the default value?? Any thing at all? I need the default value to show on all users, if at all possible

Also, can anyone tell me if there is a way to set it so that all users have the WYSISYG editor on by default?

Comment

Originally posted by johnmryan
            Also, can anyone tell me if there is a way to set it so that all users have the WYSISYG editor on by default?
            To set the defaults for new users:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Default Registration Options

To reset options for existing users:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query -> Automatic Query

Then choose the appropriate query from the drop-down box and click on 'Continue'.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
            X