No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

When i read all the new posts in all the threads they are written in inside a topic, and then return to the forum index page, the icon next to the topic still says there are new posts i have not read, even though there arent. When i go back to that topic, none of the threads are in bold, i.e. showing as having new posts, so that parts ok, its just the forum index page still showing i havent read them even though i have.

Then after a while it seems to correct itself im not sure if this is after several views of the topics or logging out and in again but eventually its ok, but this is not how it should be. iS it a cookie problem or something?

At the current time that is how the system works, you would need to review the forumdisplay page to have it update properly, This is fixed if you use either of the new options for vBulletin 3.5 as far as persistant mark read.

Comment

im not quite sure what you mean. i thought once you have read a new post in a thread in a forum, and there are no other new posts in any threads in that forum, then it should not display the icon for new posts existing on the forum index page for that particular forum?

Comment

You need to re-view the forumdisplay page for the system to be able to tell you that there are no new posts.

Comment

i am doing that, i refresh it or click the home link but it does not change the new post icons next to the forums as it should

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X