Wrong number of views in "New Posts"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong number of views in "New Posts"

When someone clicks the "New Posts" link, the result shows the number of views 1 more than the number of posts.

live link: http://www.dutchbodybuilding.com/for...earchid=558045

and attachment:
    Attached Files

Try this:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Update Thread Views Immediately -> Yes
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

This didn't work.

Even forumdisplay shows all threads with 1 number more views than posts. Very strange, must be database problem I assume

Comment

Are you on a Windows server?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Views are always shown at least one more than the number of replies on the assumption that it would look even more odd to have 63 replies and 0 views.

You seeing this for all of your threads indicates that the thread views aren't being updated, which should have been rectified by the instructions given by Steve.

Since your views were at 0, you won't see any immediate change until the views catches up to the replies. If you create a new thread then refresh it a few times, you should see the views go up.

Comment

Offtopic: Is anybody else noticing the strange HTML code topic?

Comment

Yep. I'm sure the Devs are aware of this too.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                Yep. I'm sure the Devs are aware of this too.
                Alright, just checking

Comment

Are you on a Windows server?
                  Nope linux

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie Bingham
                    Views are always shown at least one more than the number of replies on the assumption that it would look even more odd to have 63 replies and 0 views.

You seeing this for all of your threads indicates that the thread views aren't being updated, which should have been rectified by the instructions given by Steve.

Since your views were at 0, you won't see any immediate change until the views catches up to the replies. If you create a new thread then refresh it a few times, you should see the views go up.
                    Thanks for making this clear.

However, even with "Update Thread Views Immediately" enabled, and F5 10times the views are still wrong.

I believe this has something to do with the problems we are experiencing since our host set the date for the server to August 3 2005, when they where testing something. The date was set back later and we have all kind of problems with the board since then.

Any ideas?
                    Last edited by dutchbb; Thu 9th Jun '05, 10:37am.

Comment

Not sure if the date issue would affect this. I guess it's possible. If so, I wouldn't know exactly how to fix this.

Have you installed any hacks?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Not sure if the date issue would affect this. I guess it's possible. If so, I wouldn't know exactly how to fix this.

Have you installed any hacks?
                        I have installed a number of hacks yes, no hacks where installed at the time.

If anyone knows what table is responsible for this, then I can maybe delete some old data, doing this solved some of the problems before, like problems with the "new posts" button.
                        Last edited by dutchbb; Fri 10th Jun '05, 8:40am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X