Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem tranfering database phpbb to vb3

Group,

Im really not sure whats happening here, but i cannot get the database to copy over correctly.

It shows that the members, posts, threads, and such were copied successfully.

and it shows that the file attachments were not copied successfully.

Its also showing some of the tables either not found or unrecognizable? somthing like that.

There are NO posts what so ever in the forums, and there are no members in the member list other than the original one created and a test one i did before the tranfer.

Does anyone have any idea what it "might" be that is causing it not to work right?

Also i have a heavily modded phpbb forum along with mail2forum, and the attachments mod in it.

Doug

Please read the Importing HOWTO thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116398

Take special note of The End Game section. Following these steps should solve most of those issues.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Mike and Group,

Please take a look at this snap shot image.

Do you think the errors in red have something to do with my transfer not working right?

Doug
      Attached Files

Comment

Did you read the HOWTO and follow the instructions? If so and you are still having problems, then try redoing the import. However you should verify that the info in ImpExConfig.php is correct first.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

"Copy your source data to the same machine that your development vBulletin install, be that a database (i.e. phpBB) or the files (i.e. ubb.classic)."

So does this mean I have to actually copy all the attachment files over to the vbulletin forum folder where I want the attachements to be stored in the vbulletin forum?

Doug

Comment

I don't believe the import script will work with your 'attachments mod'. The import script can only import the default phpBB data.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X