Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board reinstall - only want certain items

Hi all,

Wondered if someone could possibly help, im having some issues with my board where user emails are not being sent, postcounts are wrong, disabling some items are not disabling, etc, etc.

I want to reinstall from scratch everything on my board but I want to keep the following things:
    • Users and User groups
    • Forum Categories and Forums
    • Calander entries
    • Profile pictures
    • Attachments
    What mysql dbase entries should I export in order to keep them for a fresh install? I didnt want to select too much as I want it to be a fresh board as much as possible and just the forum content available.

Any help appreciated

Many thanks

Don't try importing tables. The best way to do this is to install a fresh copy of vB into a new database, then use the Impex import system to import the data you want to keep.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ah ok, I didnt think about that.

How do I go about installing the 2nd copy of vbulletin in which to transfer the data across as last time I tried it, it told me I already had it installed and I could either empty the database or upgrade the database.

Doesnt seem to matter what I rename my dbase too it seems to know its installed

Comment

Intall to a NEW database, and not over the existing database.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X