Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to disable auto-logout due to inactivity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Realisticly, it already is accurate, I know lots of my members who will take 20-30-60 min to read and respond to a thread, and it may take them 20 min to read a page and prepare a response to multiple posts. That user is really still on my site, and browsing, just slowly.

It is accurate, it even shows when they last clicked on a page (eg their last activity).

Comment

Originally posted by dcpaq2
      Yep just as I thought...

Oh and it's not a suggestion, it was a statement.

Have a nice evening Mr. Machol.

Doug
      Not sure I understand the reason for your hostility. These looked like questions to me:
      Originally posted by dcpaq2
      Steve,

Isnt there anyway to code VB (your dept, not another hack) so that the "whos online" part can be real time and not depend on a cookie?

And have the login part rely on the cookie?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve,

No hostility really, but I did take your reply as kinda being a smarty thats why I relplied the way i did, the smilie i think it what finished it...

Sorry Steve, I applogize if I seemed hostile or harsh to you.

Zachery,

I have my cookies set to 900 sec right now, but what seems to happen is if a member is logged in and they sit idle for that long doing something else like reading, they disapear from the whos on line list. Id like to have them always show regardless.

But anway I will continue this in the proper forum, referring to what Steve said in the previous reply.

Ending this discussion on cookie timeouts.

Thanks

Doug

Comment

How do you make it so that "Remember Me" is checked by Default?

thnx
          john

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156572
            http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156577
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X