Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vbulletin install /causes page errors

Hi Guys

Been at this for days and relly ready to throw it in,actually the old patience is in overload.I like the program on my on computer.But its not good just there.~(8--)

I have vbulletin running on my computer (localhost no probs at all) but when i go to run the http://#%$#^#^%#^#^/forum/install/install.php i get this error back
    Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at nila.lunarpages.com Port 80

Any ideas would much be appreciated,ive just about exhausted everything
    I've even chmodded the forum to 755

Thanks

[email protected]

What build of vb did you download? the normal or one of the others that have that perl/cgi string at the stop or html ones..?

Comment

I;m terribly sorry

vbulletin_3-0-7

Comment

Lunar pages is well known for claiming that vBulletin is a resource hog and have banned it form their servers, along with IPB, but ironicly not phpbb...

I suggest you find a new host.

Comment

HAH.

Thats absurd.

Maybe their hardware just sucks.

Comment

Hi Zachary

I emailed them and yes they say its a resource hog but they did not say its banned heres a reply i recieved from them,i also satted that if they accepted my payment i'll be using vbulletin-they accepted it.

Hi Wanye,

Vbulletin is known to get exploited often. Because of this, we discourage it's
            use on our servers. We strongly recommend not using them for your own
            protection and that of the server you may be assigned.

We do not accept payments via PayPal I apologize.

We accept payment by check, money order, e-check or credit card.

Comment

So is every other software on the planet

I would still suggest finding a new host in the long term, almost anyone is better than them.

Only other thing I could think of is that they have some mod_security rule in place, you have a bad .htaccess file, or that something is misconfigured on their end...

Comment

Your dead right ,vbulletin is my board/This problem fixed

It was i finally found from my understanding their end...

I now have another issue but will post elswhere !

thanks once again

Comment