Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever since patch, my email is filling up with errors! help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever since patch, my email is filling up with errors! help!

Code:
    Database error in vBulletin :

Link-ID == false, connect failed
    mysql error: 

mysql error number: 0

Date: Monday 30th of May 2005 10:30:23 AM
    i'm getting these type errors flooding my email now. please help me fix this! The link and referrer id changes each time.

This is caused by one of two things:

The first is that the values for accessing the database in includes/config.php are incorrect. If you have not changed these in a while and it was working before, then this is not the problem. If you are unsure about the values in this file, ask your host. Did you make sure you did not overwrite includes/config.php when you patched?

The second is that MySQL is down or not running. In order to fix this, you need to ask your host to bring MySQL back online for you.
    Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

Do you get this on every forum page?

If the problem is intermittent, then you should contact your host about database connectivity problems. If every page returns this error, then you need to check the MySQL info in your includes/config.php file.

Comment

Well, upon further inspection, it seems intermitant. Say, the page takes too long, sometimes it will generate the error page, sometimes right away, and sometimes it works fine.It's very random. Any other clues?

Comment

Originally posted by Zivilyn
          Well, upon further inspection, it seems intermitant. Say, the page takes too long, sometimes it will generate the error page, sometimes right away, and sometimes it works fine.It's very random. Any other clues?
          MySQL is probably crashing. Ask your host to monitor MySQL and help troubleshoot this issue for you.
          Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

Ever since patch, my email is filling up with errors! help!
            By patch do you mean a vb patch or a code/hack modification?

Comment

There are no hacks in our copy.

Comment

This error means that either:

1) The db info in your config.php file is wrong (in which case your forums won't work at all.)

2) That user doesn't have permission to access the database listed in config.php.

3) The database doesn't exist.

4) MySQL isn't accepting new connections. (The server could either be down or has reached it's maximum connections limit - either on the server level or user level.)

If you are sure your config.php info is correct, then you will need to contact your host about this.

Note, many servers are being probed for the phpBB worm these days and the MySQL server is being overloaded. This could account for these errors.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X