Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a new template field

Hi there,

I had a quick question and I hope that someone from here will be able to help me. I have created a small addon for my vbulletin, and now I'm stock on one part which has been bugging me, cause I can't figure it out.

What I want to know is that how could I make a form field in the admincp which accepts template codes?

For example, you can convert a form field and make it accept html by making a code like this
    Code:
    $forum['example'] = convert_to_valid_html($forum['example']);
    Now the problem is that I have created an extra form field to my "style manager under the "phpinclude" form field, but the form that I have created only accepts html.

The reason that I'm asking is because I want to insert variables in this field but because of this problem, it does not read the variables,

thank you for your time,
    sean s.

I am not sure I understand your question. Are you trying to use the contents of a template in another template? Are you having problems with a variable not parsing in a template?

Comment

Yes that's pretty much the problem. What I did is that in the "common templates" area, I added a new field so that I could add code and have that code displayed in a part of my website, but the problem is that the form field only inserts html and does not prase any of the variables that I submit to it.

Do you know a way that I could get around this maybe?

Comment

A custom field? Is this a file modification? Where are you defining the variables and in what template are you referencing them?

Comment

Ok here is what I did, to create what I basically wanted, *I'm not taking credit for this code*

First thing I did was I ran a sql query kind of like this,
          [code]ALTER TABLE `forum` ADD `forumbanner` MEDIUMTEXT NOT NULL AFTER `description`;[code]

and then I added to admin/template.php

Code:
           print_textarea_row(Header, 'forum[forumbanner]', $forum['forumbanner']);
          and
          Code:
          $forum['forumbanner'] = convert_to_valid_html($forum['forumbanner']);
          Then I added this to my forumdisplay template
          Code:
          $foruminfo[forumbanner]
          The problem is that everytime I add in a simple html code or just plain text, it shows everything where I want it on the template, but everytime, in the custom field I add a variable from a php code that I have in the phpinclude template, it doesn't prase/read the variable in the template.

Comment

Because this involves file modifications, I recommend you post on www.vbulletin.org. We can't support custom code here.

Comment

oh ok Jake, thanks anyways for the try

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X