Users Report The "Rember Me" fucntion is not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Users Report The "Rember Me" fucntion is not working

I recently moved my forum into a new database on a new hosting account. As has gone very smoothly. However, i have a few users reporting that the "Rember Me" function is not working for them. One user says it works fine in Firefox but not in IE. Can any one provide me with guidance on how to fix this for them.

Thanks
    Adam

Make sure your cookie settings in the vBulletin Options section are set correctly. Usually the defaults work which are:

Cookie Domain: <empty>
    Cookie Path: /

Unless you have multiple vBulletins on the same website, anything else can cause the cookies to be written incorrectly and "Remember Me" will not work properly.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I have the cookies setup that way. Any other suggestions? I have had them delete all cache and cookies. Any other suggestions??

Comment

Are you having that problem?

If not it sounds like their cookies are bad. Have them clear all of their cookies and try again.

Comment

I do appear to have this problem with IE and not firefox. This is what soem of my users are reporting as well.

Comment

It must their cookie problem then.

Comment

Ihave cleared cookies, had them clear cookies and still nto working

Comment

Are the security settings of IE allow them to store cookies from your sites (let them check or the red stop sign in their statusbar)
                Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Marco,

Thanks for the winning tip!!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X