Upgrading vBulletin -- uploading files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading vBulletin -- uploading files

Okay, I downloaded the install of 3.0.7 and unpacked it. The instructions say to upload all the files, except install/install.php and includes/config.php.new

My question is: Am I wanting to overwrite EVERYTHING that is currently on the server? This is what I would be doing, right?

I know someone will tell me that this has been addressed before or maybe even show me a link. I expect and appreciate that. Just know that I have spent much time digging around for answers. Too bad people that post can't be encouraged to make thread titles specific and easy to understand (which would reduce searching time).

Originally posted by rayzon
    Okay, I downloaded the install of 3.0.7 and unpacked it. The instructions say to upload all the files, except install/install.php and includes/config.php.new

My question is: Am I wanting to overwrite EVERYTHING that is currently on the server? This is what I would be doing, right?

I know someone will tell me that this has been addressed before or maybe even show me a link. I expect and appreciate that. Just know that I have spent much time digging around for answers. Too bad people that post can't be encouraged to make thread titles specific and easy to understand (which would reduce searching time).

yip overwrite everything thats in your forum/s then run the upgrade script,mind do a back up first thou

Comment

okay, backup complete, nerves on edge, diving in.

thx!

Comment

okay, backup complete, nerves on edge, diving in.

thx!
        good luck

Comment

soooo, now I have to reinstall and configure vBadvanced portal?

Comment

soooo, now I have to reinstall and configure vBadvanced portal?

Don't know you never said you had that till now

I don't use that,if its a hack then yes

VBPortal is the way to go...you don't need to reinstall that

Comment

You will only have to redo the edits to your vB files.

For support on (re)installing a hack you can ask at vbulletin.org.
              Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
              Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

working it and getting it done. thanx for y'alls help!!!!

--DONE--

Sweet, transistion was seamless and simple.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X