Query problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query problem

I needed to change my forum homepage to display all threads in each forum. After setting "View Age" to "Show all Threads" and having no success with that I tried to run query "UPDATE forum SET daysprune=-1;" However, I got an error #1146 that said "Table 'golden38_forum.forum' doesn't exist" so the query didn't go through. My database name is 'golden38_forum' but there is nothing in it with a similar to error's name structure.

Any thought or suggestion will be appreciated. I spent last two hours trying to change home page display to Show all Threads and still no success.

You are probably using table prefixes. You need to add the prefix to that table name in that query.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Please help me out by clarifying a bit ".. need to add the prefix to that table name in that query." I'm not that familiar with the subject. Thanks.

Comment

I found the name in my db 'golden38_forum.vb3_forum' Seems like vb3 is a prefix?

Comment

Yes, vb3 is your prefix. Try running this query:

Code:
          UPDATE vb3_forum SET daysprune = -1
          Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

I ran this query. When finished it said "Affected Rows:0" Nothing in the home page display has changed.

Comment

Nothing would change on the home page.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I meant the forum still doesn't show all the threads as I hope it would.

Comment

Did you go and press:

Admin CP --> Forums & Moderators --> Forum Manager --> [Save Display Order]

... after you ran the query?
                  Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

Yes, I did. But the query doesn't seem did any chage ...""Affected Rows:0"

Comment

Originally posted by Anadrot
                      I meant the forum still doesn't show all the threads as I hope it would.
                      Did you change the view settings in your User CP? What's the URL to your forums

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I didn't change viewer options. The URL is

http://www.goldenwyvern.com/forums

I don't know if that can have anything to do with it, but I had two forums and deleted one. The forum I deleted was parent to the one that I left. Of course, I have changed that relationship to none before deleting.

Comment

The one forum I can view as guest (Golden Wyvern) is showing posts 'from the beginning'. This means that the default is set correctly. Each user can override this setting in their User CP options.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

What I'm trying to accomplish is to show all the threads when a visitor comes to the forum's home page. Currently it shows only one thread with the latest post.

Comment

All threads do not show on the home page. This has never been a feature of vBulletin. The forum home page shows links to the forums you have. Changing this requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X