Postbits and Custom Profile Fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postbits and Custom Profile Fields

I just created a new profile field that will contain an html link in it. I want this to show in the legacy postbit section and I would prefer that every one show a specific Word/Phrase with it auto-linking to whatever is in the profile field.

For example, the profile field itself would contain: http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?92600, but I want it to show in the postbit as the word "Profile" and have that word linked to whatever is in the custom field.

HELP

~Z
    Last edited by Zeoran; Thu 26 May '05, 3:20pm.

Im not sure I completely understand what your looking to do here...

If you want something like this in your postbit

User A shows this text

Then I would just create two custom profile fields, one for the name and one for the url addy. In your template, you will just put in the html like this:

<a href="$post[fieldx]">$post[fieldz]</a>

where x is the field you created for the url and z is the text the user wants to display.

If you just want it to say profile universally for everyone, then just replace $post[fieldz] with profile of course.

As a tip, you should read the documentation on the front page for template conditionals, this way you can hide that html is a users leaves it blank.
    Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X