Limit posts in some forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limit posts in some forums

I have limited members to one post per day via the "Minimum Time Between Posts" feature in AdminCP.

The problem is that I want members to be able to post messages in my "Help & Support" forum without using up their one post per day.

I have set "Count Posts Made in this Forum Towards User Post Counts" to NO in the forum but it still counts posts for this setting.

Can I achieve limiting posts but not counting some forums with built in features or a simple mod? I want to ask here before I set out to find a hack for this.

Thank you.

This can not be done with standard vBulletin functions.

Since this will require code modifications, i suggest you ask at www.vbulletin.org

PS If you look at my profile at vbulletin.org, you will find what you're looking for.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X