Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lgeai
    replied
    ok...I have now copied all my folders/files from my main server to a test server (totally different Windows 2000 server). My current server is on a Windows 2000 box. I need assistance with setting up a test site so that I can test the newest version before going live with it. Can anyone assist me?

Leave a comment:

• lgeai
    replied
    Ok.....I have now copied all folders and such from my active server to my new server for testing. I have downloaded the most recent version of the forum, now I need to know how to get the current server up and running so that I can test the newest version of vBulletin. Can anyone provide any assistance?

Leave a comment:

• lgeai
    replied
    Man, I'm sorry.....I just realized some of the reasons why I had experienced some issues - the guy who installed this originally had the old server totally screwed up. There was so much swapping back and forth between to drives on the server that it was like working a jigsaw puzzle. I'm going to start all over and see where that lands me and then I'll post again when I need help.

Thanks!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    What is the error that it errors out in.

Leave a comment:

• lgeai
    replied
    I do understand this, but when I try to access the phpMyAdmin via the web, it just errors out. Is there place in particular that I need to place this file?
    You also said that I would need to edit the config file.....which config file would that be?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    You are running a webserver of some sort? phpmyadmin works just like vBulletin, it needs to be accessed from a web based interface.

Leave a comment:

• lgeai
    replied
    This may be stupid, but where is the IIS directory?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    You just put phpmyadmin in your IIS directory.

and edit the config, like vBulletin.

Leave a comment:

• lgeai
    replied
    How do you install the phpMyAdmin on a Windows 2000 server without using the gui script command of:

cd /usr/local/src/php-xxx
    ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/php --with-config-file-path=/usr/local/php --with-mysql --with-apache=../apache_xxx --enable-track-vars --enable-debugger --enable-magic-quotes
    make
    make install

Leave a comment:

• lgeai
    replied
    COOL....it worked. Now, how do I import this onto my new server?

I have copied the file to a folder on our network and then move it to the new server. After moving it to the new server, I then try to do a restore, but it is not work, it stops when it gets to a certain point and will not move. It may be corrupted, but not sure why?
    Last edited by lgeai; Thu 26th May '05, 7:22am.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Yes.,

Leave a comment:

• lgeai
    replied
    So, does this mean that I need to run it from a command line?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    You cannot be inside of the mysql interface

You need to be at the command line inside of the mysql bin directory

When you run that command, it will hang for abit, whe its completed windows will return you the prompt to input another command.

Leave a comment:

• lgeai
    replied
    I do not think that I am comprehending - I can connect to my mysql.exe, but for some reason, the mysqldump script does not work.

I will type in the following:
    mysqldump --opt -uroot -pnopasswd forum > vb_backup.sql
    and nothing happens, it just sits there.
    Is there something that I am missing?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    For anyone doing restores or dumps from windows, you must remember that 90% of the time that an Admin will not update the path in windows, so you will need to be directly inside of the mysql\bin dir or use a full path to your mysql.exe and mysqldump.exe files.

After that its normal operation from there.

eg: c:\mysql\bin>mysqldump --opt -uUSER -pPASSWORD database > c:\inetpub\database.sql

Leave a comment:

Working...
X