Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading from 3.0.0 Beta 7 to 3.0.7

Hello,
    I am attempting to upgrade our vBulletin version from 3.0.0 Beta 7 to 3.0.7, and I am in need of assistance as I was not here during the initial installation and the person that installed it previously has moved on.

Can someone provide me with assistance with upgrading my server? I have a Windows server that I am wanting to use as a test server for the new update, but I am not having any luck with doing such.

I have Apache 2.0.54 (Win32) and MySQL Server 4.1 installed on the new server. Since I am not familiar with the 'mysqldump' feature, I have also no luck with running this script on the old server.

Any help that can be given is appreciated.

Thanks!!

What do you need help with specifically?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Setting the test server up - I am at a loss for what to do. I have followed the instructions in the vBulletin manual. However, my database is on a Windows NT server and my new server is a Windows 2000 box.
      The information in the manual uses telnet/ssh or some sort of gui. I would like to install the newer version on my new server without using these features.
      Any assistance provided is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!!

Comment

SSH / telnet are just remote ways to directly access the command line

You will need to use the command line to properly restore a database in windows.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...ce_ssh_restore

I left a comment for windows users.

Comment

I open my mysql.exe, but I do not know where to go from there, can you provide assistance from this point? I have not used MySQL that much and am not familiar with what I need to do.

Comment

For anyone doing restores or dumps from windows, you must remember that 90% of the time that an Admin will not update the path in windows, so you will need to be directly inside of the mysql\bin dir or use a full path to your mysql.exe and mysqldump.exe files.

After that its normal operation from there.

eg: c:\mysql\bin>mysqldump --opt -uUSER -pPASSWORD database > c:\inetpub\database.sql

Comment

I do not think that I am comprehending - I can connect to my mysql.exe, but for some reason, the mysqldump script does not work.

I will type in the following:
              mysqldump --opt -uroot -pnopasswd forum > vb_backup.sql
              and nothing happens, it just sits there.
              Is there something that I am missing?

Comment

You cannot be inside of the mysql interface

You need to be at the command line inside of the mysql bin directory

When you run that command, it will hang for abit, whe its completed windows will return you the prompt to input another command.

Comment

So, does this mean that I need to run it from a command line?

Comment

Yes.,

Comment

COOL....it worked. Now, how do I import this onto my new server?

I have copied the file to a folder on our network and then move it to the new server. After moving it to the new server, I then try to do a restore, but it is not work, it stops when it gets to a certain point and will not move. It may be corrupted, but not sure why?
                      Last edited by lgeai; Thu 26 May '05, 8:22am.

Comment

How do you install the phpMyAdmin on a Windows 2000 server without using the gui script command of:

cd /usr/local/src/php-xxx
                        ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/php --with-config-file-path=/usr/local/php --with-mysql --with-apache=../apache_xxx --enable-track-vars --enable-debugger --enable-magic-quotes
                        make
                        make install

Comment

You just put phpmyadmin in your IIS directory.

and edit the config, like vBulletin.

Comment

This may be stupid, but where is the IIS directory?

Comment

You are running a webserver of some sort? phpmyadmin works just like vBulletin, it needs to be accessed from a web based interface.

Comment

Working...
                              X