Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make tachy goes to coventry a user cp option

I have this problem occasionally, where a user pm's me frantically, saying:

"OMG!! My boyfriend/mother/father/girlfriend/boss/ ect just found this site and is reading all my posts and is invading my privacy and I don't want them to see what I wrote - please delete all my posts and my username now!!"

they really dont want them deleted, what they want is an 'emergency hide' until they get their issue or the problem with whoever is snooping straightened out - so what I need is a "tachy goes to coventry" option in the user CP, where a user could choose to hide all their posts in such an 'emergency', and then unhide them once the crisis is resolved, and the other person either loses interest or they have worked it out with the other person.

I would call it 'emergency hide' or something like that..

Is there some way I can do a postbit conditional so a user can emergency hide all their posts?

This would require custom coding. Since custom coding is not supported here, i suggest you ask this at www.vbulletin.org
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Also, template conditionals around the postbit wouldn't be 100% effective. There are other means of viewing posts, like on the printable version pages, search previews, etc. I recommend just manually making them tachy when they request it.

Comment

Any solution would not erase quotes of their posts.
        http://www.zelaron.com/sigs/rotsig.gif

Comment

so when i manually put them into tachy, it hides their posts from printable view too?

so when I put them into tachy through the admin cp, it hides it from any view, to any other members?

Comment

Originally posted by jilly
            so when I put them into tachy through the admin cp, it hides it from any view, to any other members?
            Correct.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X