Clear All

• Cornolio
    replied
    up...

Leave a comment:

• Cornolio
    replied
    :|
    i repeat that somone disabled access to not registred users and he had relevant ads on adsense, because adsense-bot crawled the keywords.
    so it does make sense

Leave a comment:

• Andy Huang
    replied
    You cannot disable Bots to read just part of your webpage. Adsense will crawl either everything or nothing. This is controlled by google and there is nothing you can do about it. Playing with HTTP headers to force Adsense's crawler to target certain keyword(s) is against Google's terms of service so I think Jelsoft should not provide any support for that...

Leave a comment:

• ajaspers
    replied
    You're not making sense. Preventing the Adsense bot from reading posts will result in irrelevant ads.

Leave a comment:

• Cornolio
    replied
    come on... it's ok even if a mod sais "dunno, sry", but say something!
    i don't like to say it, but i remember that i've paid for vbulletin...

Leave a comment:

• Cornolio
    replied
    somone? moderators...?

Leave a comment:

• Cornolio
    replied
    I disable adsense bot to view post and threads, so that he crawls only key and description, so ads would be more related (now i have ads about hosting in a forum about sex)

it's not a supposition, someone did it, but he disable access to all bot, and i don't want to disable googlebot to crawl my threads and forums...

Leave a comment:

• weirdpixels
    replied
    Why would you want to disable the google adsense bot from crawling your threads and posts? This will probably stop and of your adds being relative to the posts, so google will put up free adds in their place. Basically you won't get paid for these.

Leave a comment:

• Cornolio
    started a topic adsense bot

adsense bot

I've heard that if i disable access (to view forums and threads) for not registred users, adsense bot can read only the keys of the page (for have related ads).
    But if i disable access for not registred users, even "normal" bots won't see the forum (no crawling).
    So, is it possibile to disable access only for adsense bot?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X