Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Since the attachments aare in the file system and not the database, did they restore you attachments? My guess is that the attachments were not restored and/or you are using the wrong attachment directory.

Plus you still don't allow guests to view images.

Leave a comment:

• seekup
    replied
    I just did a MySQL dump...and gave the database to my hosting company. They then restored it....not sure how. Should I ask them how? Could it have been done wrong?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You don't allow guests to view attachments.

Also which process was used to backup and restore the database?

Leave a comment:

• seekup
    replied
    http://www.everydayjones.com/BitTorr...ead.php?t=2312

I'm storing via the file system because when users attach SHN or FLAC samplers for the show, if over 1.5 megs, it gets a database error.

The file system directory is set to 777

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Can you provide a link to one of these posts?

The only way this would happen is if the backup and/or restore was not done correctly. What processed was used? And are you storing attachments in the database or file system?

Leave a comment:

• seekup
    replied
    FYI - Any attachment attached AFTER the move works fine, but I've got a TON of attachments from the previous hosting company that people need to be able to download.

Leave a comment:

• seekup
    started a topic attachment problems

attachment problems

So, I went to another hosting company and restored my database and files with no problem, except one.

When someone clicks on an attachment, they get a 1x1 Clear.gif instead of the actual attachment.

What could be causing this?