Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attachment.php domain restrictions

Hi

I am experiencing high bandwidth steal due to the fact, that attachment.php has no restrictions where it is opened/called from.

The question: How can I limit domains, which are entitled to call attachment.php? Also if it is used as link to attachment.php being posted on another forums or sites?

Any idea?

Restrict guests from viewing attachments in the usergroup manager and instead of the sites showing your content, they will get a no permission page.

The other thing you should look into is hotlink protection via mod_rewrite and .htaccess.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Restrict guests from viewing attachments in the usergroup manager and instead of the sites showing your content, they will get a no permission page.

The other thing you should look into is hotlink protection via mod_rewrite and .htaccess.
      Thanks, I will give a mod_rewrite a try I have attachments stored as files and it should be better protected as simply from php level

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X