No announcement yet.

Files/Folders that needs to be chmoded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Files/Folders that needs to be chmoded?

I recently moved servers and just downloaded everything then reuploaded it to the new server. Doing so, I lost my chmod stuff. What is a list of folders and files that needs to be chmoded, and what values? I tried looking in the manual and I couldn't find it. Can anyone help? thanks.

This really depends on the server, but in most cases the vB directories should be chmod'd to 755 and the files to 644.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

well, most of the folder's default is already 755 and files are 644, does that mean i don't need to chmod anything? I'm pretty sure the instructions told me to chmod something when i first installed vb lol.

edit: oo nice, first time using these forums. the ajax quick reply is nice and fast.

Comment

You will probably be fine with that.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X