Keep A Fake Member One 24/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep A Fake Member One 24/7

I have a fake member for that is the security guard of the site, that is what the members think! lol

But how do I make it so he is on 24/7 and never logs out?

Thanks

There's no way to show somebody as online constantly (unless you want to dedicate a computer that refreshes the page every few minutes with that user logged in). You may be able to pull the appearance of him being on all the time with template edits, but it may look out of place as there'd no way to put him in lists like who's online in alphabetical order.
    Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

I wouldn't say that there's no way, but it is overly complicated; especially since the logged in user is always first in the list, but not if the user is a guest...

Replace your forumhome_loggedinuser with
      Code:
      <if condition="(++$loggedinusercount!=1)||($bbuserinfo['userid']==0)"><if condition="!$alwaysactiveadded&&($loggedin['username']>='[b]Max[/b]'?$alwaysactiveadded=1:0)"><a href="member.php?$session[sessionurl]u=[i]1234[/i]">[b][i]Max[/i][/b]</a><if condition="$loggedin['username']!='[b]Max[/b]'">, </if></if></if><if condition="$loggedin['username']!='[b]Max[/b]'"><a href="member.php?$session[sessionurl]u=$loggedin[userid]">$loggedin[musername]</a>$loggedin[invisiblemark]$loggedin[buddymark]</if>
      Replace the bold part with the username of the member, the italics part with the userid of the member, and the bold italics part with the username with the propper usergroup markup. You will need to do something similar to the who's online for maximum effectiveness, however
      http://www.zelaron.com/sigs/rotsig.gif

Comment

You can do a user... use your webserver to setup a cron to automatically post to the login form your username and password. Viola. Of course, it'll always say the user is logging in or viewing forum index...
        Best Regards,
        Andy Huang

Comment

Originally posted by Alfarin
          You can do a user... use your webserver to setup a cron to automatically post to the login form your username and password. Viola. Of course, it'll always say the user is logging in or viewing forum index...
          Can you please give me a break down of the cron job for Cpanel..

Everyone thanks for the help!!!!

Comment

Hmm, my solution doesn't work if there's no users with names greater than the user you're adding, and you may have issues with capitalization and ordering...
            http://www.zelaron.com/sigs/rotsig.gif

Comment

Easiest would be to gin-up a little HTML code and "fake it" .

Comment

Make a php something similar to this (this below may or may not work, I've never tested this):
                PHP Code:
                <?php
                $fp 
                fsockopen ('www.yourwebsite.com'80$errno$errstr30); // live forum url

$header "POST /forum/login.php HTTP/1.0\r\n";
                $header .= "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded\r\n";

$postdata .= "$do=login";
                $postdata .= "$username=botname";    // replace botname with your username
                $postdata .= "$password=botpass";    // replace botpass with your password
                $header .= "Content-Length: " strlen($postdata) . "\r\n\r\n";
                fputs ($fp$header $req);
                fclose ($fp);
                ?>
                Then, go login to cPanel and go into your cron jobs. Choose basic mode, and select the time you want the script to execute.

For the command, use either curl http://yoursite.com/the/above/script.php or php /path/to/the/above/script.php

depending on what kind of access you have. You may want to check with your service provider to find out what kind of access your have and which one would be best for you.

Cheers.
                Best Regards,
                Andy Huang

Comment

I recommend you disable for people the viewing ability and display of Who's Online everywhere in the forum except for your staff members, and then tell all your staff members to be "hidden" in their online status. That will work better than the scarecrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfarin
                    Make a php something similar to this (this below may or may not work, I've never tested this):
                    PHP Code:
                    <?php
                    $fp 
                    fsockopen ('www.yourwebsite.com'80$errno$errstr30); // live forum url

$header "POST /forum/login.php HTTP/1.0\r\n";
                    $header .= "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded\r\n";

$postdata .= "$do=login";
                    $postdata .= "$username=botname";    // replace botname with your username
                    $postdata .= "$password=botpass";    // replace botpass with your password
                    $header .= "Content-Length: " strlen($postdata) . "\r\n\r\n";
                    fputs ($fp$header $req);
                    fclose ($fp);
                    ?>
                    Then, go login to cPanel and go into your cron jobs. Choose basic mode, and select the time you want the script to execute.

For the command, use either curl http://yoursite.com/the/above/script.php or php /path/to/the/above/script.php

depending on what kind of access you have. You may want to check with your service provider to find out what kind of access your have and which one would be best for you.

Cheers.
                    How could you set this up for x number of members? Have it pick random members out of the database and log them in?

Thanks.

Comment

any idea?

Comment

mild bump... would love to sign in x random members who have not been on past X months script. or help to make one (not hacking)

Comment

bump

you know me... squeeky wheel gets the oil.

Comment

Just gota love the suport

Comment

We do not provide official support for custom coding here. If the author of that code doesn't want to respond, then we can't force him to do so. Try www.vbulletin.org.
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X