SMTP in 3.0.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMTP in 3.0.7

can anyone tell me how to set it up so mail is sent from the forums via SMTP and not php, i know it is not official in the 3.0.7 release but i read that it is possible to do that in this version

it seems no one can register at my forum when mail is sent via php since most everyone is using a free email account

thanks

I released some info on how to set it up at vBulletin.org, not sure if it is still valid however.

Comment

vB 3.0.7 currently does not use SMTP, but there is a hack available for this.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=67294

This requires modifying the code, (i.e., 'hacks'.) We can't offer official support for code modifications or for forums running modified code.

Note: This is built-in to 3.5.0.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i think ill just wait ;p that thread is confusing all those ppl getting erors, nothing but a headache

thanks tho

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X