Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Send Birthday Emails at 7am, local time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Send Birthday Emails at 7am, local time?

I am located in NZ, GMT+12/13. Most of my members are also.

My server is located somewhere in the US, GMT-7 (or something).

Right now (11:32am), it is the 23rd of May. If I run the Scheduled Task manually now, I get the 22nd of May's emails sent again.

What can I set the Scheduled Task to in order to send the emails earlier than 12:01PM (which seems to be as early as I can do it...otherwise it spits out the birthdays from yesterday).

Or...is what I am asking impossible without changing the Default Timezone Offset to match my servers (which would confuse a lot of guests who come to NZboards and see that the time is NOT that of NZ)?
    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

@ what time your users are receiving birthday emails ?

I think, you can just change the scheduled task to + or - the time, to reach 7 am (your local time)

Comment

12PMish.

I have a thread that is started at the same time..they are all around 12PM. That seems to be the earliest I can manage to get them sent. Anything earlier, it gives the previous days birthdays.
      My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
      vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Okie. I wonder if you can automatically block sending out emails for small time change.. You might want to disable sending emails for sometime when the time clicks 6:50 am to 7:00 am

something of that kind might be able to work.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X