Administrator Permissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administrator Permissions

My user name, "xxx", is in Primary User Group: Administrators.

When I view the posts of other members, I see the [Edit] link in their posts. Is this because I am an 'Administrator'? If my PUG were: Registered Users, would I still see that [Edit] link?

Warren

Yes, because you are an admin. If you were PUG then you wouldn't see the link for other users. Just try it with a test account

Comment

Originally posted by Gary King
      Yes, because you are an admin. If you were PUG then you wouldn't see the link for other users. Just try it with a test account
      I went to the AdminCP, and changed my Primary User Group to 'Registered User'.

Now, when I log in, I don't see the [Admin] link in the navbar at the bottom; however, in looking through some of the forums and posts, I find that sometimes I still see the [Edit] link, and other times I don't see it.

Warren

Comment

Originally posted by Tresclub
        I went to the AdminCP, and changed my Primary User Group to 'Registered User'.
        You should not have done that. If there are no Admins as primary, then this will cause problems for you.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          You should not have done that. If there are no Admins as primary, then this will cause problems for you.
          There is still an Admin member.

Warren

Comment

Then you should log in as that user and change your Primary usergroup back to Admin.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              Then you should log in as that user and change your Primary usergroup back to Admin.
              I just did, thanks Steve.
              Warren

Comment

Working...
              X