X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George L
    replied
    it's an user ISP issue mainly

you could get users on your forums to add custom entry to their pc's HOST file for time being

at

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

in HOST file
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    newforumip forumdomainname.com
    Or just change forum url to the ip for now and setup old server to redirect to the new forum ip

Leave a comment:

• EfEdHhH
    replied
    IT'S DNS!!

I just got the old database again and I pinged it from my pc and I got the old server's ip address...

How do I fix this??

I have permissions to change the nameservers on the server...

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by EfEdHhH
    It's happening and I don't know why...
    what are you users basing their opinion on that old and new databases are alternating back and forth ? threads they are viewing ONLY or threads they are replying/posting in are actually dated differently at times ?

if it's the former, it could be the user's ISP dns hasn't updated or their ISP is using a transparently proxy/cache server which is caching old data from your forums

try and ask those users to hit SHIFT+F5 a few times or if they are using their ISP's proxy to disable it and connect directly to the net

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    There is nothing in vB that would cause this problem. In fact I don't believe I've ever seen a similar report.

However this is the first time you've said it doesn't happen to you. That's a critical bit of information. Given this I'm inclined to believe that these members are viewing the old site prior to the move. Most likely a DNS issue as has already been mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• EfEdHhH
    replied
    http://forums.babesandchicks.com

Funny thing is this never happens to me but rather to regular members...

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Well you've never provided a URL so we can't check for oursleves. Nonetheless there is absoultely nothing in the default vB files that would ever cause this. If you have not modified the files, then this has to be server-related.

Leave a comment:

• EfEdHhH
    replied
    It's happening and I don't know why...

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Then your first quote in my previous message can't be correct.

Leave a comment:

• EfEdHhH
    replied
    :-/, It's happening...

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    The old server is dead, there's no way to access it through HTTP, only SSH...
    If that is true, then this can't be true:

The forums acts as if it is in March sometimes, but it always reverts back to the current database...

It's like the database is changing between March and Now...
    If it's not accessible via HTTP then you would not be seeing the 'March' database.

Leave a comment:

• EfEdHhH
    replied
    The old server is dead, there's no way to access it through HTTP, only SSH...

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    If that's the case, then all he has to do is put a redirect on the old server to the new IP.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    If his domain is resolving between the two servers. the one prior to the move, and the one after, he himself is expircing a mis match catching issue.

sometimes the domain he is accessing the server located at 1.2.3.4 according to the cached dns, and others he is getting 2.3.4.5

its not related to the database at all really.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    However since the db is using 'localhost' I don't know how that could be.

Please explain what you mean by:
    The forums acts as if it is in March sometimes, but it always reverts back to the current database...

It's like the database is changing between March and Now...

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Its got to be a DNS server issue...

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X