Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:-/, It's happening...

Comment

Then your first quote in my previous message can't be correct.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It's happening and I don't know why...

Comment

Well you've never provided a URL so we can't check for oursleves. Nonetheless there is absoultely nothing in the default vB files that would ever cause this. If you have not modified the files, then this has to be server-related.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

http://forums.babesandchicks.com

Funny thing is this never happens to me but rather to regular members...

Comment

There is nothing in vB that would cause this problem. In fact I don't believe I've ever seen a similar report.

However this is the first time you've said it doesn't happen to you. That's a critical bit of information. Given this I'm inclined to believe that these members are viewing the old site prior to the move. Most likely a DNS issue as has already been mentioned.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by EfEdHhH
                It's happening and I don't know why...
                what are you users basing their opinion on that old and new databases are alternating back and forth ? threads they are viewing ONLY or threads they are replying/posting in are actually dated differently at times ?

if it's the former, it could be the user's ISP dns hasn't updated or their ISP is using a transparently proxy/cache server which is caching old data from your forums

try and ask those users to hit SHIFT+F5 a few times or if they are using their ISP's proxy to disable it and connect directly to the net
                :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

IT'S DNS!!

I just got the old database again and I pinged it from my pc and I got the old server's ip address...

How do I fix this??

I have permissions to change the nameservers on the server...

Comment

it's an user ISP issue mainly

you could get users on your forums to add custom entry to their pc's HOST file for time being

at

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

in HOST file
                    127.0.0.1 localhost
                    newforumip forumdomainname.com
                    Or just change forum url to the ip for now and setup old server to redirect to the new forum ip
                    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X