Require members to login

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Require members to login

I'd like to set my forums so that members have to login to read the posts / threads. Unregistered will need to register to view same otherwise they will see the 'Register' form.

I did try and do this before but it ended up with guests / not logged in just seeing 0 post forums, which didn't give them any reason to join really.

Cheers

The way vBulletin works is when you set it so guest can't see the forums it will show a zero for total threads, and replies. And say never for the last post. Why they did things this way is beyond me, but there is a hack that will fix that at vBulletin.org.
    Ken Iovino
    Full Time PHP, Ruby and iOS Developer

Comment

Edit your 'Unregistered / Not Logged In' Usergroup and set 'Can View Forum' to No.
      Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
      Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoH64
        Edit your 'Unregistered / Not Logged In' Usergroup and set 'Can View Forum' to No.
        Won't this just give the 0 post / never result though ?

Comment

Aha I've just tried your suggestion and it works just fine.

Thanks

Comment

Glad to see you solved your problem.
            Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
            Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X