replied
    Thanks!

Worked great! Thanks much...

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    1. Please read the Importing HOWTO thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116398

Take special note of The End Game section. Following these steps should solve those issues.

2. To reset options for existing users:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query -> Automatic Query

Then choose the appropriate query from the drop-down box and click on 'Continue'.

To run queries you first need to give yourself permission to run queries in the Admin CP. To do this, edit this section of config.php:

// ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
    // The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
    // See the above entries for more information on the format.
    // Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
    // to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
    $canrunqueries = 'x';

...with x being your userid number (not username).

Leave a comment:

• Bulgogs
    started a topic Merging 2 User tables

Merging 2 User tables

This is a 2 part question.

1) I imported thousands of users into vB3 using Impex. It seems to have created a new usergroup that isn't part of the "Normal" users table. How can I merge this usergroup (and all members) back into the default usergroup "REgistered Users"?

2) I can't seem to allow this new usergroup to view and use the expanded or WSYWIG editors when posting messages. I suppose if I solve Q1 (above) then it doesn't matter, but even after i've adjusted the Message Posting Interface option to allow everyone to see Expanded and WSYWIG editors, it seems only the admins see it.

Thanks
Working...
X