Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arabic lang problem - I tried all suggestions

Hi...

I installed vb3.0.7 in my local hard disk successfully to try it before upload to my site the interface is English; I logged in/out to the control panel and the forum many times without any problems. There are no hacks at all.

Immediately after that the first thing I did is to change the language to Arabic through the control panel and it is ok, since I did not logout yet, then when I made my first logout I couldn't login again to both control panel and forum I used many Arabic translation languages all are failed.

I read many subjects here in the vbulletin forum I tried all suggestions like:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138598&highlight=language+arabic

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114227&highlight=problem+arabic

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111605&highlight=problem+arabic

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89608&highlight=problem+arabic

but no success.

I already opened a ticket and tried all suggestion but not succeeded and now for two days no reply.

Please remember I do not use any other hacks except the language.

I made clean installation then add the Arabic language then I am out.

In addition when I use English user name and password the forum will work in both interfaces English and Arabic.

However, when I use Arabic user name and English password I can not login in Arabic interface but I can login in English interface.

When I use Arabic password and English username I can not login in Arabic interface but I can login in English interface.

Any experience, please help me.

Thank in advance.

What is your support ticket ID number?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi Steve
      The ticket no.: [SID-92030-<snip>]

Thanks for your reply

Comment

Floris has been trying to help but this is a problem that requires a developer. Mike has responded to your ticket asking for more info.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you steve
          yes, I will do Mike advise and feedback.

best regards

Comment

This is what happened when I implemented mike advise, all the work done in my PC.

I did as you said where I changed the arabic password through the user control panel where the interface is English, the results is same (failed), when logout can not login again.

So, I did many trial and succeeded. I combined your advise and floris advise as follows:

1. I installed the forum as usual with English interface and put any user-id and password.

2. Then opened the admin control panel and upload the arabic language file and change the interface to arabic for both admin control panel and forum. ( still not logged out)

3. in the forum I opened the user control panel and changed the password to the one required. ( still not logged out)

4. Then I back to the admin control panel and changed the the user-id to arabic (the required name) and retype the password again.

5. Then save and refresh both admin control panel and forum.

6. hen, I made the first logout.

7. login, then logout, then login….success.

All above was made in my PC.

Thank you all for your help. But I am not finished yet.

However, when I uploaded the forum to my site to make steps 1 to 7 above I faced another problem.

When I reached step 2 above in my site, after uploading the arabic language file and change the interface to arabic for the forum.when I opened the form in Arabic the texts dissapeared.

Scrshot1 : My site forum in english success installation.

Scrshot2 : My site forum in arabic all text are dissapeared after uploading arabic language.

Scrshot3 : after impleminting steps 1-7 success in my PC every thing in Arabic.

Please look at it and advise.

Attached Files

Comment

Hi
              Please, can any one how can i fix this problem?

best regards

Comment

Sorry, I have no idea. I do know that we have a lot of Arabic customers who are not having these problems so I know it's possible.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Thanks Steve for your support.
                  Last edited by maaref; Mon 23 May '05, 10:39am.

Comment

Hi
                    can someone help.
                    any one who may be faced same problem described in reply no#6 above (there is atachments photod))

Thanks

Comment

It's strange that you are having these problems when hundreds of other sites are able to run vB with Arabic language successfully.

Our developer recommended that you reimport the language XML file since there are obvious problems with the phrases currently. Did you do this? Are you using onne of the Arabic language packs available on these forums?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                      X