Dual ranks - best way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual ranks - best way?

I'd like to implement Dual Ranks on my forum, however as I understand it this is not a standard feature in vB (?)

Background:

I have four paid subscription options and I'd like each one to show as a rank once sunscribed to. At the moment I have two other special ranks, Moderators and Prefects BUT I dont want to lose those...

So basically am I right in thinking I have two options:

Option one

Create a new usergroup for people with 'dual ranks' and then manually put people into these after they have signed up. So I'd need 8 more usergoups to satisfy the four paid subscription ranks.

Option two

Use a vB conditional for every post-bit like:

Code:
    <if condition="is_member_of($post, X)"> your image or title code goes here </if>
    So I can either have four (each of the subscription ranks) or two (Mods, prefects). Obviously this means there will be extra load for each page so i am concerned about server load.

Basically I'd like to know which is the recommended option and which will cause less load on the server? Also, will there be a dual/multiple rank option in vB 3.5 ? (ie is it worth holding off?).
    What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

I would go with the conditional myself. The load increase will not be noticable.

Yes, this feature might be in 3.5.

Comment

Thanks Jake! :-)
      (I hope we get it in 3.5 too!)
      What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X