Original Post started...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Post started...

I need to change the original THREAD starter for X username to Y. Obviously this can't be done with vbulletin directly but does anyone know if a MySQL command exists ? I have the THREAD ID
    Done with vB3 and Internet Brands...Moved on to xenForo. PM me if u want to buy my VB License

You have to change the author of that post:

UPDATE post SET userid='xxx' WHERE postid='yyy';

Youu'll need to update the thread and forums counters in that order after doing this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

A few questions for you steve. PostID represents the THREADID or the actual post? Example if I wanted to change the author of _THIS_ topic (t = threadid = 139261) from myself (ID=52143) to You (ID=656), I would do the following command:

Code:
      UPDATE post SET userid='656' WHERE postid='139261';
      Am I correct in this assumption?
      Thanks a lot
      Done with vB3 and Internet Brands...Moved on to xenForo. PM me if u want to buy my VB License

Comment

No, you should be using the postid, not the threadid. You can find the post id by hovering your mouse over the post sequence number in the header of the postbit (next to the report post icon). The postid for your last post here is for example: 868229.

To update that one you would use:
        Code:
        UPDATE post SET userid=xxx, username='yyyy' WHERE postid=868229;
        After you run this query, you might need to rebuild Thread information using:
        AdminCP->Import & Maintenance->Update Counters: Rebuild Thread Information
        Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Forgot to reply I had figured it out. Works great.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X