Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add a new time zone

Hi,

Could someone please tell me how I can add a new timezone. We have people in New Zealand who are currently in timezone GMT +13 but the timezone list only goes up to GMT +12

Thanks,
    Renada

Wouldn't that be the same as GMT -11 or -12?

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      Wouldn't that be the same as GMT -11 or -12?
      I'm not sure that making it -11 doesn't put them in the day before. This is what's happening:

Right now Eastern is GMT-4 and NZ is GMT+12
      Eastern time is on daylight savings and NZ isn't
      The board timezone is Eastern
      When members in NZ set their timezone to GMT +12 (Auckland) all the events on the calendar are displaying (for them) 1 hour later than they should be.

On the computer time clock there is an option for GMT +13 and I wondered if adding this to wherever the other timezones are stored might fix the problem.

Right now I'm timezone challenged and can't figure out the best way to get everything to display properly.

Is that any clearer? LOL!

Renada

Comment

Duh, you are right about the "day before" thing. I don't know why I didn't see that.

So it's a DST issue. vBulletin covers all possible timezones and then allows for users to enable or disable DST in their User CP. It sounds like he has the wrong DST setting, or your server does.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
          Duh, you are right about the "day before" thing. I don't know why I didn't see that.

So it's a DST issue. vBulletin covers all possible timezones and then allows for users to enable or disable DST in their User CP. It sounds like he has the wrong DST setting, or your server does.
          The server is on GMT (well GMT +1 right now because we're in British Summer Time).

I've set the board at Eastern time because that seemed easier for every to use.

I've looked at the phrases for the timezones but it won't allow me to add a GMT+13 (which if you look at your Windows timezones options is a standard option).

You can test the problem by changing your timezone on your computer and in your User CP. I've used all the combinations of DST and can't get the time to display correctly and i think that adding the GMT+13 somewhere is about the best option.

Can I do this somewhere?

Thanks,
          Renada
          (who has been in so many timezones in the last 24 hours that I'm about to meet myself coming back).

Comment

Adding an extra time zone wouldn't be a good solution. There is an incorrect time setting somewhere that is presenting you with the need for GMT +13.

vBulletin gets the current time and DST setting from PHP. Make sure your server's time is correct and that it is reporting the correct DST option. Unfortunately I can't help you with this since I am not familiar with that aspect of servers.

Maybe your server's running timestamp has been artificially adjusted for DST. From what I understand, the timestamp should stay constant all year. It is the DST option that should change, not the timestamp. If your timestamp has been changed to account for DST then that could explain the need for GMT +13 since the scales would have been shifted.

Comment

I'm pretty sure adding this new timezone requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X